Meet Oreo, he is a gorgeous 2-year-old cuddly boy. He joined our blood donor program back in May last year to become one of our ‘lifesavers’ and boy has he lived up to that name!
Oreo has saved 2 cats lives in the last 6 months, we want to say a big Thank you for being so brave! And a big Thank you to Oreo’s parents for being so flexible at the last minute.
The London Cat Clinic needs more hero cats like Oreo. So please, if your cat fits the below criteria and you would like to put them forward as a hero cat to help save the lives of those in need please send your details to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Lifesaver’ in the subject bar, call us on 0203 740 1112.
- Weigh > 4.5 kg
- Be aged between 1-8 years
- Ideally is an indoor cat (balcony access is essentially indoor)
- Have never been outside of the UK/Ireland.
- Have never received a blood product transfusion themselves
- Be fully up to date with all routine vaccinations, worming and flea treatment.
- Not be on any long-term medications.
- Be friendly and easy to handle
In return for their kindness your cat will receive the following pre-donation checks and benefits:
- Lots and lots of cuddles and love
- A complete health assessment from our veterinarians
- Annual blood screening including blood typing, blood parasites and cardiac biomarkers
- FeLV/FIV test before each donation (if outdoors) and haemoglobin measurement at every donation
- More and more cuddles and becomes a London Cat Clinic Lifesaver!